COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR QUOTING AND/OR ORDERING A TURNKEY PC BOARD ASSEMBLY
Download PDF – BEST PRACTICE – COMPLETE PACKAGE FOR QUOTING AND/OR ORDERING A TURNKEY PCBA
1. Full part number and revisions detailed in all files/drawings.
2. BOM in Excel format including:
- Component designator/s
- Mfg. &, Mfg. part numbers
- Detailed description of component
- Quantity per
- Current source for part if available
- Any: “Do Not Install” (DNI), consigned, franchised parts, and/or AVL if the case.
3. Assembly drawings in pdf and/or Gerber format including:
- Callouts and specs. for assembly
- Special instructions for installation of parts, orientation/height, and side part is to be installed
- ESD requirements
- Conformal coating or potting requirements
- Functional or final test requirements
- Cleaning requirements, if specific process preferred
4. PC bare board fab drawing in pdf and/or Gerber format including:
- Specifications and callouts (Attached is a sample drawing with “minimum” specifications needed (Note recommended method for calling out dimensions).
- Additional requirements such as: controlled impedance, HD requirements, multilayer stack up, etc.
5. Full set of Gerber Data in 274X format including:
- IPC Netlist
- Pick & Place (PNP) Data
- Gerber’s for all Layers
- Drill Data in Excellon Format
6. Copy of any company specific specifications.
7. Is job:
- Quality specifications required. The standard specification for PCBA’s unless otherwise specified is: IPC-A-610: Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies – Class 2, for Dedicated Service Electronic Products.
8. Special packaging or handling requirements.
TALK TO AN SBC REPRESENTATIVE
SBC is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company through UL-DQS. South Bay Circuits utilizes ISO 9001:2015 eight fundamental quality management principles to help improve our PC Board Fab, PC Assembly, and Box Build performance. Certificate #: 10000903 QM15
ITAR Registered! We are a manufacturer that builds defense articles with related technical data that can be defined on the United States Munitions List (Part 121 of the ITAR), where we are registered.